Requirements: Android 1.6+
Overview: Take control of access to your private data by the applications you install. The user has a right for using any application without worrying about their privacy.
ROOT is required to install. You will need to flash an (open-source) PDroid patch. See http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1357056 for download and more info.
NEWS: An automatic script (Linux) for patching your (Gingerbread) ROM is now available for download at http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1357056
Consider contacting me by e-mail or on the XDA forums before leaving negative feedback. If you have any issues, I will be glad to help.
Pre-built patches available for the following ROMs/devices:
CyanogenMod ROMs: Google Nexus One, Nexus S, Nexus S 4G, HTC myTouch 3G Slide, Desire HD, Desire, Wildfire, EVO 4G, myTouch 4G, Desire Z/G2, HD2 TyphooNv3.7.0, Motorola Defy, CLIQ, Droid, Samsung Galaxy S, Galaxy S2, ZTE Blade.
Other ROMs: HTC Sensation, Desire HD, Inspire 4G, Desire Z, Desire S, Incredible S, Incredible 2, myTouch 4G, SonyEricsson Xperia Neo, Arc, Play, Motorola Droid X.
What does this app do?
PDroid allows you to block access to the following private data for any application regardless of its permissions:
- Device ID (IMEI/MEID/ESN)
- Subscriber ID (IMSI)
- SIM serial (ICCID)
- Phone and mailbox number
- Incoming call number
- Outgoing call number
- GPS location
- Network location
- List of accounts (including your google e-mail address)
- Account auth tokens
- Call logs
- Browser bookmarks and history
- System logs
- SIM info (operator, country)
- Network info (operator, country)
For device ID, phone and mailbox number, SIM serial, subscriber ID and device location it also allows supplying custom or random values.
Why use this instead of another permission blocking app?
- Applications do NOT crash when access to private data is blocked
- Fine-grained tuning of access to private data
- No background service needed
- Very small memory usage
- No impact on battery life
- No impact on performance
- 100% reliable unlike ROOT applications
- No ROOT required for the app to run
- No Android permissions required for the app to run
- Configurable notifications on private data access