Requirements: for all Android versions, supports App2SD
Overview: A simple App to Backup and Restore SMS Messages. This is a Paid No-Ads version of the Ad-Supported Free App.
* Automatic Scheduled Backups.
* View Backup Contents.
* Backups created in XML Format on the SD Card.
* Option to backup selected conversations only.
* MMS not supported yet.
* FAQs at http://bit.ly/d9t7Jk
NOTE: There is a known problem with some firmware versions of the Droid X and Droid 2 phones that the restored messages do not get the correct time stamps.
This App needs the following permissions to work:
* Storage - modify/delete SD card contents (android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE): To create the xml file on the SD card.
* Your messages - edit SMS or MMS, read SMS or MMS (android.permission.READ_SMS, android.permission.WRITE_SMS): Needed to read SMS during backups and write them during restore.
* Your personal information - read contact data (android.permission.READ_CONTACTS): To display and store the contact names in the backup file.
* System tools - prevent phone from sleeping (android.permission.WAKE_LOCK): To prevent the phone from going to sleep/suspended state while a backup or restore operation is in progress.
* Hardware controls - control vibrator (android.permission.VIBRATE): To vibrate the phone when the backup or restore operation is completed.
- Finnish - Thanks to Juhana H.
- Russian - Thanks to Pavel (Павел Миронов)
- Spanish - Thanks to Miguel A. Alvarez
- French - Thanks to Julien Benoist
What's in this version:
If you are having issues on ICS / Android 4, Please contact me by email as I don't have any crashes on the Galaxy Nexus.
Option to choose the app language.
Email backup now includes the xsl file as well as link to the instructions.
New Icons. (Thanks to Vlad Kitanoski www.vk-solutions.com)