Requirements: Android 2.1-3.2
Overview: Media Remote is an application that works with selected Sony devices like a Blu-ray Disc/DVD Player or BRAVIA devices, etc.
With it, you can operate your Sony device via other mobile devices, or you can display music information on the TV program or other content that you are currently watching on your mobile device.
Check the Sony website for a list of compatible models.
This app is not designed to work with PlayStationR3 or older versions of Sony devices.
- Compatible products
Blu-ray Disc? / DVD Player: BDP-S370, BDP-S470, BDP-S570, BDP-S770, BDP-S1700, BDP-BX37, BDP-BX57, BDP-S380, BDP-S480, BDP-S580, BDP-S780, BDP-BX38, BDP-BX58
Blu-ray Disc? / DVD Home Theatre System: BDV-IZ1000W, BDV-HZ970W, BDV-E970W, BDV-E870, BDV-E770W, BDV-E670W, BDV-E570, BDV-E470, BDV-E370, BDV-T57, BDV-F7, BDV-F700, BDV-F500, BDV-E985W, BDV-E980W, BDV-E980, BDV-E880, BDV-E780W, BDV-E580, BDV-E380, BDV-T58, BDV-L800M, BDV-L800, BDV-L600
Streaming Player/Network Media Player: SMP-N100, SMP-N200
AV Receiver: STR-DN1020
BRAVIA: KDL-HX920 series, KDL-HX820 series, KDL-HX720 series, KDL-NX720 series, KDL-EX720 series, KDL-EX620 series, KDL-EX520 series, KDL-EX420 series, KDL-EX320 series, KDL-CX520 series
Sony Internet TV: NSX-24GT1, NSX-32GT1, NSX-40GT1, NSX-46GT1, NSZ-GT1
- Key features
1. Simple Remote: This allows you to navigate through the graphic user interface. Simply glide your finger over the screen to move the cursor, and tap any place on the screen to enter a selected item.
2. Full Remote: This gives you the option to use almost the same buttons as you would have available on an actual remote control, enabling one touch control of most of the key functions of your Sony devices.
3. Keyboard: to help you type characters more easily, a full QWERTY touch-screen keyboard has been included.
4. Free Cursor Remote: You can move the cursor freely while the browser is displayed on the TV screen.
5. Catch & Throw: You can receive/send the URL of a website between your Sony device and your mobile device. You can display the website you are currently viewing on the TV on your mobile device or you can display the website you are currently viewing on your mobile device on the TV.
6. Disc History/Disc Information: This will allow you to view information on the movie you are enjoying ? allowing you to find information about the cast or director, or find an image of the package. There is also a seamless link to YouTube to search for content related to the movie.
7. Now Playing Bar: You can see information related to the movie or program you are watching, or search for related content.
8. Game Pad: You can play games or applications on Sony Internet TV using your Android device as a controller.
- A couple of things you should know
1. "Media Remote" will only work if your mobile device and your Sony device are on the same wireless network.
2. Some functions may not be available, depending on the products you are using.
3. Some functions may not be available in some regions/countries.
4. A seamless link to YouTube is subject to change or termination without notice.
5. Permission to use various functions:
These grants of permission are used by the "Catch & Throw" function.
They allow you to display your mobile device's bookmarks on the TV, and also to bookmark pages shown on the TV.