Requirements: Android v2.1+
Overview: HeyTell® is a cross-platform voice messenger that allows you to instantly talk with friends and family. No account needed—just start the app, choose a contact, and push the button to start talking!
HeyTell® is a cross-platform voice messenger that allows you to instantly talk with friends and family. No account needed—just start the app, choose a contact, and push the button to start talking!
* Send and receive voice messages with other HeyTell users on Androids, iPhones, iPads, and iPods with the press of a single button
* Voice messages quicker than SMS—and free! (NOTE THAT CARRIERS MAY CHARGE YOU & YOUR RECIPIENT FOR SMS INVITES, but email invites and direct connections to users who have Low privacy set are free)
* Very low data usage, no more than sending an email
* Works on 3G, EDGE or WiFi
* Superior audio quality: At 16 kHz, HeyTell delivers twice the frequency range of a cell phone call
* EXTRAS! Check out the Voice Changer or create 25-way chat with Groups!
* Notifications alert whenever a message is received if you enable the Background Service via Menu > Profile > Background Service
✳ TIP: If you are using wifi and want to avoid late notifications, be sure to set your Wifi Sleep Policy to Never: Menu >Settings > Wireless & Networks > Wi-Fi Settings > Menu > Advanced > Wi-Fi sleep policy > Never.
* Quickly Friend/Unfriend/Block. Adding contacts as friends ensures that you can always quickly find them by tapping the To: field and tapping "Friends."
* Choose from three different privacy levels to control how users can contact you without an invite:
✓ Low Privacy: Anyone who knows your contact information can connect with you without an invite.
✓ Medium Privacy: Anyone who knows your contact information and is friends with one of your HeyTell friends can connect with you. Otherwise, they must invite you to connect.
✓ High Privacy: No one can connect with you until you accept their invitation.
* Optionally, share your location with selected contacts while you talk
✳ TIP: To send your location information to a contact, you must have the MAPS page open (tap the TARGET button) when you send the HeyTell message. For privacy reasons, HeyTell does not send your location unless you approve and have Maps open.
✳ Conversations can be saved and replayed offline, or deleted on-demand
✳ TIP: Long-press on conversations and individual messages to access extended View, Delete, and export options.
* All data and audio you transmit to HeyTell and your friends is encrypted in transit
* Earpiece and speakerphone functionality: Press the Speaker button to toggle between earpiece and speaker mode (If you find earpiece sound is too low, enable the speaker)
* You do NOT need to share personal information to connect with HeyTell contacts. See http://heytell.com/privacy and http://heytell.com/faq for more information about connecting without sharing phone numbers or email addresses!
✳ TIP: If you are using Android 2.2+ and have a Gmail account on your phone, you can back up your account so that you do not have to re-add friends when you change phones. To do this, enable the Backup options accessed via Menu > Settings > Privacy.
✳ TIP: If you can send messages to friends, but you are not receiving them, ask your friends to respond directly to you by tapping the active conversation. It is likely that the contact information they're using to find you doesn't match what you set for yourself and/or your privacy is higher. However, directly responding to the conversation should always work! :) They should then add you as a friend and select you from their Friends list instead resolving you from their Address Book/Contacts list.
✳ TIP: IF YOU GET AN "INBOX FULL" message, there's no need to delete the app or messages: This just means that your friend has to listen or reply to the messages you sent before you can continue to send them messages. Once they listen or respond, you can keep on talking!
Problems or questions?
- Check out our FAQ at http://heytell.com/droidfaq
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Follow us on Twitter @ https://twitter.com/heytell
- "Like" us on Facebook at https://facebook.com/heytell!
- Alien voice added to the Voice Changer. If you've already purchased Voice Changer, Alien should automatically appear!
- Deleting a conversation (long-press and tap Delete Conversations) no longer deletes Favorites.
- Fixed issue where Voice Changer could not be deactivated.
IMPORTANT: After updating HeyTell, fully restart it using the following procedure:
Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > HeyTell > Force Stop
Then, open HeyTell.
Less description »
Latest version: 188.8.131.526 (for all Android versions)